Friday, July 1, 2011

Don't be Afraid of color!

I took a trip the other day to Target with my mom. I purchased an e.l.f. blush in 'pink passion'. My mom was looking at the blush and tells me it is way too bright! I explained to her the blush looks bright but with the right amount it is just a lighter pretty pink! Then I got to thinking about begginers or anyone else out there that feels the way my mom did.
So I took the blush and and bright crazy plum color lipgloss from Trish McEvoy(I can not tell you where to purchase the gloss, for it was a gift, sorry!). I want to show you that wearing bright crazy colors are okay. I want to show you that they are not as birght as they look, if you apply them in a different way. I would hate for anyone to not buy such a pretty color because you think you cant pull it off, you most certantly can!


Here is the 'pink passion' blush from e.l.f


This is the blush swatched on my hand(with a primer under neath). As you can see it is not nearly as bright, but suddle and pretty!


This is the e.l.f. brush I use with it(I love it!). This is the 'studio powder brush'. It is really just a flat kabuki brush!

This is the Trish McEvoy gloss. It does not have a name that I can see. But it is a deep, but bright, pulm color, with some small pink sparkles.

The color swatched on my hand shows the orginal color, the color not blended out, and then a small amount of color, blended out. As you can tell its still a pretty plum color but not as bright, and very easy to pull off!



And sorry for any miss spelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment